Veneers in Porterville, CA
Do you hide your smile or wish that it could be more impressive? Live Oak Dental Group helps patients achieve a “Hollywood Smile” in a short amount of time with veneers. Our dentists deliver exceptional results and help patients hide multiple insecurities with contemporary, high-quality materials. Veneers are an effective cosmetic dentistry method that perfect smiles and can last for years with proper care.
What are veneers?
Our dentists attach veneers to the front of the teeth to cover imperfections, such as:
- Intrinsic staining
- Slight misalignment
We use high-quality dental veneers to transform the size, shape, and color of teeth. This ceramic is very thin, biocompatible, and life-like.
The Treatment Process
First AppointmentDuring your initial appointment at our Porterville clinic, one of our dentists will speak with you about your goals and the results you want to achieve. Then, he or she will perform a comprehensive exam to see if your teeth and gums are healthy enough to support cosmetic dental works. Once you are approved for veneers, our team will begin the design process. With your preferences in mind, we will choose the color, shape, and size of your veneers. Following the planning stage, the dentist prepares the teeth by gently shaving down the enamel. Then, he or she will place temporary veneers to:
- Give you a preview of what your final veneers will look like
- Guard the teeth while the lab manufactures your permanent veneers
Second AppoinmentWhen your final veneers have been created, we will call you back to the Porterville dental clinic to have the veneers permanently cemented to the front of the teeth.
Right now, you may be wondering, “Do veneers require additional care?” As a rule of thumb, veneers are to be cared for similarly to natural teeth:
- Practice good oral hygiene consistently: Brushing with a non-abrasive toothpaste and soft toothbrush, flossing between the teeth, and rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash help keep teeth, veneers, and gums free of particles and bacteria.
- Avoid unnecessary force: Like natural teeth, veneers can also chip and break when exposed to the elements and extreme pressure. Avoid grinding the teeth and chewing on hard items. If you play contact sports, invest in a nightguard.
- Visit Live Oak Dental Group for preventive visits: All patients are instructed to visit their dentist at least every six months. This is especially important for cosmetic dentistry patients to spot and address potential problems with natural teeth or the veneers themselves. Also, it’s an opportunity for one of our dental hygienists to polish your veneers for a pearly-white shine.
Treating your veneers and natural teeth with respect, kindness, and care can help extend their lifespan.